Wednesday, September 14, 2011

BBAW Day 4: Reading and Blogging


We have no blogs without books! Today’s topic explores that even more!
Book bloggers blog because we love reading. Has book blogging changed the way you read? Have you discovered books you never would have apart from book blogging? How has book blogging affected your book acquisition habits? Have you made new connections with other readers because of book blogging? Choose any one of these topics and share your thoughts today!
Cassandra (The Book & Movie Dimension Blogger) says: 
My Photo
It has on many levels. Before book blogging, I had never really taken an interest in reading books beyond Big publishing houses but through book blogging learned there existed self-published authors. Authors that just want to get there books out there. To me that says a lot. That these authors are willing to stick their necks out to readers in hopes that we'll love their books. That's bravery. A few of the books I have read that are self-published books are The Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen. She sure can write and secretly I'm a one of her I bet many fans (not so secret now). And proud of it. Then there is R.J. Gonzales with his Mundahlia book which I did a review here on the blog.  So yeah, book blogging has changed the way I read. Have grown to discover the world of Indie  and self-published authors.
First year participating in Book Blogger Appreciation Week!



4 comments:

Sidne said...

Hi Cassandra, I stopped by after reading your feature on Tracy's Treasure of Books and saw that you are a participant in the BBAW. yes, I agree. book bloggers have definitely given self published and INDIE houses a place to voice their stories.
http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

RJ @ RJ Does Books said...

Great post!! :D haha Thanks you so so much for all you have done!!

Alexia561 said...

Good point, as I would never have looked twice at self-published books and indie houses before I became a blogger!

Anastasia @ Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog said...

That's interesting that book blogging helped you laern about self-published books! I don't read many s-p books, but there are a surprising amount of good ones out there.

Blog Archive

Blog Followers

Disclaimer

Blog Graphics: Pictures aren't owned by me that are found on this blog. Most of them can be found via Google/Bing! images or from author press releases and are in no way used for profit. Credit goes to them entirely.

Reviews: Are not given either positively/negatively based on compensation. Reviews are entirely out of speculative opinion. Put out for readers to ultimately make their decision on a book, movie, and or product. They are honest reviews based on opinion. And ultimately I would never falsify information or exaggerate, given I do not see a benefit in doing so.

Affiliate: The blog is monetized through Amazon's Affiliate Associates Program, The Book Depository's Affiliate Program, YesStyle's Affiliate Program, GoHastings Affiliate Program, and a few other programs best seen through the blog's ads. Every little purchase you make, makes, a huge difference to me as a blogger. Buying through the blog's links gives me a small percentage of commissions. I try exceptionally hard to make the links/ads as unintrusive as possible when viewed on the blog. If they are intrusive, I, do so apologize but still hope you can enjoy the actual written reviews.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...