Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Movie Review: The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2010)

Starts out as a sorcerer battle begins. Everything ends in chaos. Balthazar one of the good sorcerers barely escapes but must carry on his teacher, Merlin, the wizard's lifework.

After few years we are introduced to Dave who seems to posses a connection to Merlin which he'll need to battle the evil sorcerers known as Morganians. Morganians being a reference to Morgan Le Fey. The Morganians are evil sorcerers while the followers of Merlin are the good sorcerers. Dave is a, A Prime Merlinian, by ancestry of Merlin. He's also sort of a geek. I did enjoy his sarcasm which was very interesting throughout the movie. Becky played by Teresa Palmer who also played Number Six in I Am Number Four was just perfect. I loved her spunk in the movie. She is an actress just really well-known for playing roles in the Science Fiction genre. Then we have Nicolas Cage who plays the sorcerer teacher who is very strict. Yet, he's very hilarious too at times. The movie itself centered on sparkling magic fighting scenes. The Sorcerer's Apprentice is for movie lovers who go for the Fantasy/Science Fiction movies the most. Very enjoyable and does have Romance but it's not the centerpiece. Magic is. Would recommend and it's an ok watch.

Genre: Fantasy/Science Fiction 


The Trailer: While I hate book trailers, I love movie trailers. Can't see why myself. The song in the trailer by One Republic - Secrets is just beautiful. I love One Republic's Apologize song so not surprised I enjoy more of their music.

                                 

             The Sorcerer's Apprentice Trailer


Youtube trailer video random comments

  • Romantic and adventurous movie, and the reason for any trouble in this movie is love.
    It's quite... ?!?!?
  • i liked nick cage in National Treasure too.
  • Okay, I'm going to buy it tomorrow.. It must be real good!
  • I donÅ¥ like this trailer, but the film is great
  • the first movie for Walt Disney Pictures that Nicolas Cage has starred in. This should be interesting.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I loved this movie!

Blog Archive

Blog Followers

Disclaimer

Blog Graphics: Pictures aren't owned by me that are found on this blog. Most of them can be found via Google/Bing! images or from author press releases and are in no way used for profit. Credit goes to them entirely.

Reviews: Are not given either positively/negatively based on compensation. Reviews are entirely out of speculative opinion. Put out for readers to ultimately make their decision on a book, movie, and or product. They are honest reviews based on opinion. And ultimately I would never falsify information or exaggerate, given I do not see a benefit in doing so.

Affiliate: The blog is monetized through Amazon's Affiliate Associates Program, The Book Depository's Affiliate Program, YesStyle's Affiliate Program, GoHastings Affiliate Program, and a few other programs best seen through the blog's ads. Every little purchase you make, makes, a huge difference to me as a blogger. Buying through the blog's links gives me a small percentage of commissions. I try exceptionally hard to make the links/ads as unintrusive as possible when viewed on the blog. If they are intrusive, I, do so apologize but still hope you can enjoy the actual written reviews.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...