Monday, December 28, 2015

The Soap Exchange Natural Peppermint Lip Scrub Review

Let me tell you an embarrassing story. During the Summer of 2014 I came down with a nasty lip infection that closely resembles cheilitis. It got bad enough that I had to go to the doctor to get rid of it. And afterwards, let me tell you I have been going through lip balms like crazy (and by the way, Blistex is like the only reliable lip balm brand out there to hydrate lips). In other words, my lips haven't really gotten better because I get the feeling that as soon as I stop applying lip balm they will crack and get infected yet again, especially when every morning I still notice the propensity of my lips to automatically peel and shed skin. It's terrible, it's terrible, I tell you. 
Which is why, I have had it. As soon as I heard about something like a lip scrub, I decided to go for it. My first stop a while back was Amazon.com because I'm a frequent and loyal customer there. Yep, I even bought the amazing Amazon Fire 7 tablet that is of extremely low price. 

And though I found a great and reasonably priced lip scrub I was apprehensive about the quality. Mostly over others who previously reviewed the lip scrub on Amazon mentioning how it leaked the oils on arrival for them. While I was worried I still wanted to try it. 

What would result?

Not a bad lip scrub to tell you the truth. Sure this might be my first lip scrub but since I'm very much looking for a way to end my bad dead skin lip days, I can tell it works. This only on first use. 

First thing I noticed was sure after opening the wrapper which was nicely sealed, it did have a propensity to leak oil. This comes from the lip scrub itself and I believe it is because our lip scrub artisan wanted to give us a lot of product and since it is all squished in there, of course, after opening the wrapping it will inevitably puff up and out. I'm sure this wont be an issue because once you use the lip scrub and you clean the little tub it should be fine.



Next I really want to point out that this is handmade lip scrub and it shows. It came in a small white cardboard box with no ingredient list except the one available at Amazon.com. The lip scrub tub itself though did have a signature labeling as a lip scrub from The Soap Exchange making it very appealing in a dainty sort of way. 




 Now onto the most important thing, yes, the lip scrub works! It feels very sugary and oily smooth from the oils. After using it I did have some dead skin peeling right off and after rinsing my lips they felt smooth, probably from the oil. I'm unsure of whether I like the consistency of the lip scrub, but I do know one thing the lip scrub gets the job done. Therefore, I will consider myself a repeat customer for The Soap Exchange. 





The Soap Exchange Natural Peppermint Lip Scrub
Available on Amazon.com


Blog Archive

Blog Followers

Disclaimer

Blog Graphics: Pictures aren't owned by me that are found on this blog. Most of them can be found via Google/Bing! images or from author press releases and are in no way used for profit. Credit goes to them entirely.

Reviews: Are not given either positively/negatively based on compensation. Reviews are entirely out of speculative opinion. Put out for readers to ultimately make their decision on a book, movie, and or product. They are honest reviews based on opinion. And ultimately I would never falsify information or exaggerate, given I do not see a benefit in doing so.

Affiliate: The blog is monetized through Amazon's Affiliate Associates Program, The Book Depository's Affiliate Program, YesStyle's Affiliate Program, GoHastings Affiliate Program, and a few other programs best seen through the blog's ads. Every little purchase you make, makes, a huge difference to me as a blogger. Buying through the blog's links gives me a small percentage of commissions. I try exceptionally hard to make the links/ads as unintrusive as possible when viewed on the blog. If they are intrusive, I, do so apologize but still hope you can enjoy the actual written reviews.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...