Tuesday, October 25, 2016

A Light Novel Review: My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong As I Expected. Vol. 1 by Wataru Watari


Seeing as it has been a while since the premiere of the SNAFU anime series it only made sense we should see the light novels stateside eventually. And we have, even if with a bit of a lag. 

Thankfully Yen On an imprint of Yen Press did right by fans and went with the light novels original series title, My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong As I Expected. And along with that seeing as I tend to be a grammar freak, I really am pleased with the quality of the writing of the novel translations. There were but a few grammatical errors from what I could tell. As for accuracy to the original, I am unsure, since I haven't seen the Japanese light novels but as far as grammatical accuracy it was pretty good. Not perfect but attempts at maintaining quality were present.

Other than that, I must say for someone who has seen the content in action through the anime. There isn't much new to gain through the light novels except a few snippets here or there of Hachiman being even more lustful than in the anime and him revealing more of his joking side that may not have been portrayed as in-depth in the anime. But again not much of a difference since some of that we knew already to an extent. 


The true joy of having the light novels is in the possession of them and seeing the light novel illustrations on hand, besides which we get a nice author to fan closing thank you letter that if anything makes it the most worthwhile.

So if you know this is a series you like about the youngster in high school who tries to navigate, social circles, in school while retaining anonymity, then you should be pleased with it. 

Overall: Amazing read!
Genre: Light Novel-Slice of Life



Buy your own copy!





About Wataru Watari


Wataru Watari is the author of My Teen Romantic Comedy is Wrong as I Expected. The illustrator to his work is Ponkan8. 

Blog Archive

Blog Followers

Disclaimer

Blog Graphics: Pictures aren't owned by me that are found on this blog. Most of them can be found via Google/Bing! images or from author press releases and are in no way used for profit. Credit goes to them entirely.

Reviews: Are not given either positively/negatively based on compensation. Reviews are entirely out of speculative opinion. Put out for readers to ultimately make their decision on a book, movie, and or product. They are honest reviews based on opinion. And ultimately I would never falsify information or exaggerate, given I do not see a benefit in doing so.

Affiliate: The blog is monetized through Amazon's Affiliate Associates Program, The Book Depository's Affiliate Program, YesStyle's Affiliate Program, GoHastings Affiliate Program, and a few other programs best seen through the blog's ads. Every little purchase you make, makes, a huge difference to me as a blogger. Buying through the blog's links gives me a small percentage of commissions. I try exceptionally hard to make the links/ads as unintrusive as possible when viewed on the blog. If they are intrusive, I, do so apologize but still hope you can enjoy the actual written reviews.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...