Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Author Interview with Zeinab Alayan author of "Puppet Parade", A Chilling Fantasy Adventure


Zeinab Alayan's Bio

Zeinab Alayan, more commonly known as Zen, is a writer, an editor, a translator, a bookworm, an artist, an avid movie watcher, an anime fan, a procrastinator, a paranoiac, a dork, a bit of a Grammar Nazi and most importantly... a chocoholic.


Author Interview
Questions and Answers

Learn About Puppet Parade: Review of Puppet Parade by Zeinab Alayan



1. Extremely happy to have you here at Book & Movie Dimension a Blog, Zeinab! 

Especially with you being one of my favorite authors.

First off, would you introduce Puppet Parade to the masses?

I'm happy to be here as well! Thank you for having me.
The one thing a reader needs to know about Puppet Parade is that there's more to it than meets the eye. It may seem like an innocent tale of a puppeteer and a masked girl who go in search of a bunch of puppets who came to life and escaped, but once those two enter the world of the Parade, the reader will notice that there's something strange going on, something that's definitely not as perfect as everything seems on the surface. 


2. Where did the inspiration for Puppet Parade come from?

I don't remember actually, haha. All I know is that NaNoWriMo (NaNoWriMo is an annual (November) novel writing project that brings together professional and amateur writers from all over the world) was approaching, and I really wanted to write something. It first started out with Sophie, and really that's all I had in mind when I started writing, but then Oliver and his puppets popped out of nowhere, and Puppet Parade was born. 

3. How long did it take you to publish Puppet Parade?

It was a bit of a long process. After I finished it, I turned it in so it can receive professional editing and after getting my proof copy, I just let it... sit there for more than a year, after which I mustered up enough courage to publish it. I gave it another reading, got a cover, then attempted to promote it before the release. When I was satisfied with everything, I released it on the 19th of April. 

4. Will there be a sequel and if so, please, tells us what we can encounter? 

Oh, no. There won't be any sequels. I think I concluded the book at a good point, and any sequels would just drag it on unnecessarily! 

5. What is your interest in puppetry or puppets if any since they provide the basis of Puppet Parade?

I can't say this novel was sparked by an interest in puppets... there are many underlying elements in the book, and I was more interested in the Parade's perfect eutopias and puppet goverment theme than the puppets themselves. I used the puppets to mask what was really going on. That's not to say that I don't think puppetry is fascinating, though!

6. What are your writing influences from other authors? Why are they your influences?

I read a lot of books by many, many authors. It's difficult to pinpoint the authors and styles which have influenced my writing. When I write, I don't think that my book needs to match the style of a particular writer; I just write whatever I feel like writing. 

7. On you as an Author: What is the best thing about writing in your opinion?

The writing process in general is amazing. Coming up with new characters, putting them in situations of your choosing, going absolutely nuts with your plot and find freedom in doing that... I love it when I'm completely engrossed in my novel and my fingers are flying away on the keyboard without pausing to think about what comes next. Those are some of my favorite moments. 

8. On you as a regular person: Your favorite pastimes or hobbies?

I like reading, looking around the Internet, comics, sketching, watching TV, hanging out with friends... though if I had to choose one favourite, I would go with reading. I can't resist books, and I'm always looking for new things to read. I currently have a pile of books on my shelf waiting to be read, and an even larger number of ebooks on my computer. The problem is finding enough time to read all of them!

9. What are you currently working on in writing? What do you have in the future for writing?

I'm currently working on a book titled The Muse Bunny. As writers, we universally agree that "muses" stand for inspiration, and "bunny" stands for the plots that keep hopping around our heads. The Muse Bunny tells the story of an actual bunny acting as a muse... or that's what he's supposed to do anyway. Completely invisble, his life long purpose is to ruin writers and creative people everywhere and wreck everything they try to do. It's a fun book, completely different from Puppet Parade, and I think it should be published sometime early next year. 

10. Ok, Zeinab, just before closing the interview tell me do you have anything you'd love to mention @ the blog. 

I just want to thank you for reviewing my book and giving me the chance to talk about it in this interview; I really appreciate it! 

How interesting was Zeinab Alayan, no?
Well get to discover her books with- Review of Puppet Parade by Zeinab Alayan

Author Interview for: Book & Movie Dimension a Blog
Blogger: Cassandra Ruiz

Blog Archive

Blog Followers

Disclaimer

Blog Graphics: Pictures aren't owned by me that are found on this blog. Most of them can be found via Google/Bing! images or from author press releases and are in no way used for profit. Credit goes to them entirely.

Reviews: Are not given either positively/negatively based on compensation. Reviews are entirely out of speculative opinion. Put out for readers to ultimately make their decision on a book, movie, and or product. They are honest reviews based on opinion. And ultimately I would never falsify information or exaggerate, given I do not see a benefit in doing so.

Affiliate: The blog is monetized through Amazon's Affiliate Associates Program, The Book Depository's Affiliate Program, YesStyle's Affiliate Program, GoHastings Affiliate Program, and a few other programs best seen through the blog's ads. Every little purchase you make, makes, a huge difference to me as a blogger. Buying through the blog's links gives me a small percentage of commissions. I try exceptionally hard to make the links/ads as unintrusive as possible when viewed on the blog. If they are intrusive, I, do so apologize but still hope you can enjoy the actual written reviews.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...