Saturday, June 11, 2016

A Letter to big and smaller scale music record labels: Please stop the plastic jewel cases for CDs instead go w/ cardboard

Today I talk about something I hope will be put to rest and could potentially increase the sale of CDs and that I am not sure if it is known or not but if it isn't then I want to bring it up. I do buy music CDs especially as I have gotten older but there is one thing that makes me shrink when it comes to the current availability of CDs. That is the packaging. 

I strongly believe for CDs to ever gain a bigger foothold in people's minds, record labels big or small, need to stop manufacturing plastic jewel cases. They aren't very attractive and they scratch easily.

And one thing I have noticed about some releases recently is what they are doing for vinyl LPs could work for CDs and much better. All the more because CDs are practical. In these vinyl LP releases they utilize laminated cardboard sleeves and inside have the record, then why not reproduce this same approach for CDs? And yes non-laminated cardboard would be fine too. It would be even easier what with the smaller cardboard to be used for a CD's size. In my book, this could essentially make the idea of buying CDs more appealing especially versus having to buy often unattractive plastic jewel cased CDs. Just a thought. Even digipaks would be preferable.

-Cassandra

Blog Archive

Blog Followers

Disclaimer

Blog Graphics: Pictures aren't owned by me that are found on this blog. Most of them can be found via Google/Bing! images or from author press releases and are in no way used for profit. Credit goes to them entirely.

Reviews: Are not given either positively/negatively based on compensation. Reviews are entirely out of speculative opinion. Put out for readers to ultimately make their decision on a book, movie, and or product. They are honest reviews based on opinion. And ultimately I would never falsify information or exaggerate, given I do not see a benefit in doing so.

Affiliate: The blog is monetized through Amazon's Affiliate Associates Program, The Book Depository's Affiliate Program, YesStyle's Affiliate Program, GoHastings Affiliate Program, and a few other programs best seen through the blog's ads. Every little purchase you make, makes, a huge difference to me as a blogger. Buying through the blog's links gives me a small percentage of commissions. I try exceptionally hard to make the links/ads as unintrusive as possible when viewed on the blog. If they are intrusive, I, do so apologize but still hope you can enjoy the actual written reviews.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...