Saturday, February 20, 2021

A Movie Review—Jojo Rabbit

 


Director: Taika Waititi  Writers: Christine LeunensTaika Waititi

IMDb overview: A young boy in Hitler's army finds out his mother is hiding a Jewish girl in their home. 

Months back, I'm sure some of you might have seen in this post my excitement for the Jojo Rabbit movie trailer. I'd been literally obsessing about Jojo Rabbit and wanting to see this movie for so long but couldn't. 

There was just too much day to day on top of work, that so much time passed that it seemed I would never see this. But then covid happened in March 2020 and it gave me a much needed breather from the unhealthy rapid pace in place for so long. 


What drew me to Jojo Rabbit was how adorable the little boy, Jojo, in the movie trailers looked. And, of course, if Scarlett Johansson is in a movie I'm there. I consider her one of the top actors of our times. 

The movie proved to be very much what I thought it would be. It was hilarious and seeing a little kid try to understand cultural genocide and bigotry was quite interesting. Often children cannot understand how dire things are. 

While we as an audience know that what the Nazis were doing to the Jews was horrendous, Jojo, doesn't and we get to go along with him in choosing for himself what to believe. As such I did feel the severity was cushioned for, us, the audience as much as it was for Jojo. Though my favorite theme of the movie was even when things are bad, yes, we can choose to make room for dancing. 

Standout Performances: Roman Griffin Davis (Jojo), Sam Rockwell, Thomasin McKenzie, Scarlett Johansson  

Genre: Comedy, War



Rent Jojo Rabbit!


Blog Archive

Blog Followers

Disclaimer

Blog Graphics: Pictures aren't owned by me that are found on this blog. Most of them can be found via Google/Bing! images or from author press releases and are in no way used for profit. Credit goes to them entirely.

Reviews: Are not given either positively/negatively based on compensation. Reviews are entirely out of speculative opinion. Put out for readers to ultimately make their decision on a book, movie, and or product. They are honest reviews based on opinion. And ultimately I would never falsify information or exaggerate, given I do not see a benefit in doing so.

Affiliate: The blog is monetized through Amazon's Affiliate Associates Program, The Book Depository's Affiliate Program, YesStyle's Affiliate Program, GoHastings Affiliate Program, and a few other programs best seen through the blog's ads. Every little purchase you make, makes, a huge difference to me as a blogger. Buying through the blog's links gives me a small percentage of commissions. I try exceptionally hard to make the links/ads as unintrusive as possible when viewed on the blog. If they are intrusive, I, do so apologize but still hope you can enjoy the actual written reviews.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...