Sunday, September 6, 2026

My first time shopping for books at PangoBooks!



Well, after wanting A Study in Drowning by Ava Reid Collector's Deluxe Limited Edition that was on my Amazon wishlist that became sold out I had been struggling to find the book in pristine new condition or like new condition for a reasonable price. Let's just say given the rarity of this book I mean it's got sprayed edges and beautiful, decorative endpapers and with it being sold out from all retailers it was originally sold through copies are going for a pretty penny.

While browsing online Mercari, Ebay, and a site I had never seen before kept pulling up. That site was PangoBooks. A site not sure but I think I had heard people mention on X (formerly Twitter) here and there a few times before.

Yet, I didn't have much experience with. After multiple listings sold out through Mercari and Ebay I gave up and decided to give PangoBooks a try.

I mean tons and tons of listings would pop up there for the book I was hopelessly looking for and in some cases some sellers would list the book for $10 and given shipping is just $3.99 on PangoBooks that would be a great deal especially when this book was originally priced at around $21.99 or so.

I loved the experience shopping on PangoBooks! What's interesting about PangoBooks is when you finally receive your order sometimes you get cute boxes saying here's your book box.

But more importantly, I realized why book lovers whispered about PangoBooks. PangoBooks is an online marketplace no different than Mercari or Ebay but it's specifically made up of book lovers who are essentially selling their own copies of books to other book lovers.

There is a real sense this is more than about selling. It's about selling a book to a fellow book lover.

Of course, you'll find great deals too so you get two huge perks from shopping at PangoBooks over Mercari or Ebay. Better deals and solidarity with your fellow book lovers.

And yes, just so you know, I did end up getting A Study in Drowning by Ava Reid Collector's Deluxe Limited Edition at a good deal and in like new condition. The book I ordered was as described and the seller was very pleasant.

I definitely recommend them if you haven't already checked them out!

Blog Archive

Blog Followers

Disclaimer

Blog Graphics: Pictures aren't owned by me that are found on this blog. Most of them can be found via Google/Bing! images or from author press releases and are in no way used for profit. Credit goes to them entirely.

Reviews: Are not given either positively/negatively based on compensation. Reviews are entirely out of speculative opinion. Put out for readers to ultimately make their decision on a book, movie, and or product. They are honest reviews based on opinion. And ultimately I would never falsify information or exaggerate, given I do not see a benefit in doing so.

Affiliate: The blog is monetized through Amazon's Affiliate Associates Program, YesStyle's Affiliate Program, and a few other programs best seen through the blog's ads. Every little purchase you make, makes, a huge difference to me as a blogger. Buying through the blog's links gives me a small percentage of commissions. I try exceptionally hard to make the links/ads as unintrusive as possible when viewed on the blog. If they are intrusive, I, do so apologize but still hope you can enjoy the actual written reviews.