Monday, December 21, 2015

The Nine Days of Nine Naughty Novelists Interviews: Kinsey Holley

Kinsey Holley lives in Houston Texas, where a lot of people know about her Secret Romance Writer Identity. She enjoys reading SF, UF, history, and romance and is addicted to pop culture and several television series. She can be found at http://ninenaughtynovelists.blogspot.com




Author Interview

Questions and Answers

Learn About The Zillionaire Vampire Cowboy's Secret Werewolf Babies and If You Give A Duke A Duchy-Review of  The Zillionaire Vampire Cowboy's Secret Werewolf BabiesReview of If You Give A Duke Duchy

1. Kinsey what was it like when you guys all came together as part of the Naughties or should I say the Nine Naughty Novelists?

It was LOUD and FUN - way louder and funner (it should be a word, dammit!) than any of us had expected, I think. We were all nervous to be meeting in person for the first time - what if we didn't get along IRL? What if one of us was super weird? But we clicked immediately, screaming with laughter late into the night. And nobody cared that I was super weird.
2. In The Zillionaire Vampire Cowboy's Secret Werewolf Babies you write a scene that began a little like this "His icy lovesicle pressed against her dewy portal, demanding admittance to her passion chamber". How do come up with lines like that? At that time of you writing this had you already had experience in writing other Romance, Erotica, etc. love scenes? Or what is that when you wrote this it just came out given your co-writing with the others?


Um...I'm super weird? I just think of the tritest, most cliched, purplist romance prose I've ever read -- and I was reading the original bodice rippers back in the 70s -- and then I try to get even purpler.


I already had at least one book out when we started writing Vampire Cowboy.
3. What were your favorite moments in writing The Zillionaire Vampire Cowboy's Secret Wereworlf Babies? If You Give A Duke A Duchy?


I liked writing about the throbbing vein in Rock's forehead. Because that's something all classic romance heroes have, and I've never had the nerve to use it in one of my "real" books.


In Duchy - my favorite line of Duchy is something Juniper wrote and I'm too lazy to look it up - something about "she dragged the [whatever] across her teeth. It hurt, so she did it again." As for what I wrote myself - I really liked where all the pirates are so shocked and embarrassed about their captain's behavior with the prisoner that they walk around with one hand over their eyes and the other arm out in front of them so they don't have to witness any of the sex stuff. I'm not sure I wrote that clearly enough, though.
4. Do you see yourself writing again with the others?

YES. GOD YES. WHEN????
5. What are your current writings if you don't mind me asking?

I haven't published anything since 2011 and I'm ashamed and unhappy about that BUT - I'm 50K words into a rock star/country fiddler romance that Skylar Kade says does not suck and I'm hoping to submit the partial manuscript soon.

And that was hilarious Kinsey Holley! Stop by again until Dec. 24 for even more Nine Naughty Novelists interviews.

And don't forget you can still enter to win the giveaways running for this event. While I have entered, many of you can still enter to win the books as well. After all, winners will be chosen from all comments. If you're interested and I think you should totally be, find those on the blog's sidebar.

Blog Archive

Blog Followers

Disclaimer

Blog Graphics: Pictures aren't owned by me that are found on this blog. Most of them can be found via Google/Bing! images or from author press releases and are in no way used for profit. Credit goes to them entirely.

Reviews: Are not given either positively/negatively based on compensation. Reviews are entirely out of speculative opinion. Put out for readers to ultimately make their decision on a book, movie, and or product. They are honest reviews based on opinion. And ultimately I would never falsify information or exaggerate, given I do not see a benefit in doing so.

Affiliate: The blog is monetized through Amazon's Affiliate Associates Program, The Book Depository's Affiliate Program, YesStyle's Affiliate Program, GoHastings Affiliate Program, and a few other programs best seen through the blog's ads. Every little purchase you make, makes, a huge difference to me as a blogger. Buying through the blog's links gives me a small percentage of commissions. I try exceptionally hard to make the links/ads as unintrusive as possible when viewed on the blog. If they are intrusive, I, do so apologize but still hope you can enjoy the actual written reviews.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...